June 08, 2007

Beulah and the Tower of Satan

We hit the road this morning and drove about 800 miles to Rapid City, SD in our newly christened truck "Beulah the Cin Wagon," named after Beulah, WY, a less than spectacular town. Cin is short for Cinderella if you didn't catch that. The drive was surprisingly gorgeous. A lot of it looked like central Washington but with a lot of pronghorn antelope and different looking hills. That's not very specific, but it's not a bad drive. And once you hit the Black Hills it's real purty.

Along the way we stopped by Devil's Tower in Wyoming and it is spectacular. It towers over the countryside like a ominous presence, but also strong and trustworthy; an ever watchful sentinel. It really cuts a striking figure from a distance. Next time you're heading through Wyoming on I-90, take the short detour to see it. I mean, it was our nation's first National Monument, it's the least you could do. And on the road out there, I saw fox kits outside of their burrow. That's cool.

Tomorrow we're going to check out some President's faces. I'll update you with some pics next time.

Wyoming and South Dakota. Check.

No comments: