All of us new TADs (Tour Actor/Director) are staying at the University of Montana during training, just across the river from MCT. We all have our little Ford Rangers to use while we're here, but the walk from the University to the theatre is like 12-15 minutes, so I walk back and forth. I might be the only one doing so, probably because we're so tired that moving our legs more than we have to seems like torture. But the walk is nice and the bright, hot mountain sun is the perfect pick-me-up in the morning. Not so great in the afternoon walking back to dinner when you're already dripping with sweat from rehearsals.
In just the past two and a half days, I've completely learned my show, Cinderella. And that includes every part, not just the one I'll be playing. We've also begun to learn what it takes to teach this show in just one week, and it's not something that comes naturally, but is obviously the right way to do things. I'm actually more excited about learning my role of "Teacher/Director" than my role of "Patches." It all seems very exciting to me and something I'll pick up quickly once I start actually doing it. Tomorrow we each get a chance to practice teaching scenes and I'm looking forward to giving it a try.
My friend Kelsey asked me how it was going here and I gave her this reply, it pretty much sums it up:
long tiring days, hot weather, lots of information, little bit of anxiety, lot of excitement, cafeteria food, university dorms, lots of water drinking and water expelling, tired voice, great organization and staff, dry air, rocky mountains, random bloody nose while reading time magazine, people from every part of the country (except washington), learning an entire show including every part in two and a half days, satisfying
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
wooooh. i made it into the blog. get excited.
Nice concise summary of your time there! :-)
Sorry to hear that things aren't turning romantic with Mal yet. :-)
BTW, you missed a very long Mariners game last night. We sat in the very top row of the stadium.
Glad to hear all is well. I have the feeling that directing might be something in your future. It seems to be an area where you can design/implement your creative ideas and vision.
Don't be a stranger, give me a call sometime and let me know how everything is going personally.
Do you still have your cell phone?
Ben (your brother)
Post a Comment