October 21, 2007

The Sundance Kid





Downtown in Sundance (downtown being a loose term) there is a statue in honor of the Sundance Kid, the town's eponymous outlaw. I think it was my brother Ben who pointed out the oddity of honoring a criminal, but I think I would if I could claim that such a famous bandit took their name from my town. These pics give you a little bit of an idea of what I gazed out on every day from my homestay (including turkies!).

The week was a good week. I think both Mallory and myself had very good weeks personally, even if our show wasn't necessarily the best. And that isn't because we didn't have good kids or that they didn't work hard, only that there were some forgotten lines and flub-ups that unfortunately appeared during the performances. We always hope that the best achieved during the week is exhibited during the shows, but at times it appears earlier in the week and doesn't stick around for the weekend. But on to the next week. One great part of this job is that every week is like a whole new world. The only constant is Mallory and the book of the show.

No comments: